Subscribe to Deep Politics
- PG$E Can’t Buy Insurance against CyberAttacks anymore
- Ed Leeper: Monterey Renaissance Man
- Alaska’s Bristol Bay Destruction Mine Project Fatally Wounded by US-EPA – Expected to Die soon
- Blunder: PSA Test Should NOT be used warns Researcher who Discovered it !
- How Long Would You Like to Live? Centuries?
- Norm on SmartMeters Facilitate Cyber War Against US
- Jasmine on Ed Leeper: Monterey Renaissance Man
- David on Ed Leeper: Monterey Renaissance Man
- Madlain Michael on Ed Leeper: Monterey Renaissance Man
- Nancy Souza on Ed Leeper: Monterey Renaissance Man
- Heather Chang on Ed Leeper: Monterey Renaissance Man
- Jane Flury on Ed Leeper: Monterey Renaissance Man
- kira on Ed Leeper: Monterey Renaissance Man
- Death by Great White Shark – Pacific Grove, California is Number One !
- Skeptico’s Misconstruction of Basic Logical Fallacies – while Spreading his own Fallacy Fog
- New World Record? Six Logical Fallacies with a Single Sentence promoting Genetically Modified Food
- Welcome to Pacific Stump – Thanks to Bill Kampe and Robert Huitt
- SmartMeters Facilitate Cyber War Against US
- Best Bicycle Product Ever? – Dual Pad Seats by Hobson
Administrivia & Subscribing
Category Archives: Censorship
In a little noticed news item that should be front page lead story of New York Times, BBC reports that energy corporations can no longer get multi-million dollar insurance against cyber attacks. “Energy firm cyber-defence is ‘too weak’, insurers say” … Continue reading
Secret FISA Court Out of Control – Makes Violently Anti-Constitutional Decision Giving up ALL Your Phone Records
“Cockroaches do their best Work in the Dark.” Years before the existence of the National Security Agency (NSA) was ever acknowledged, many of us read evidence that NSA was out of control. Now thanks to the anti-constitutional “Patriot” Act a … Continue reading
Cedar Street Times’ Publisher Jameson Ramps Up from Censorship to Blacklist – Refuses Letter and Large Paid Ad
“Because the pension question is now being litigated, I have chosen not to run your letters or your advertisements.” “Marge Jameson, Editor [email protected] Cedar Street Times 306 Grand Ave., Pacific Grove, CA Voice: 831-324-4742 Fax: 831-324-4745″ (Dated: Tue, Jun … Continue reading
Pacific Grove newspaper Cedar Street Times’ Publisher Marge Jameson Censors all letters from a reasonable middle of the road citizen. Sends him two emails refusing to publish any of his letters to the editor. Growing up here, I blindly trusted … Continue reading
Tom Frutchey does not like criticism of his many failings as City Manager of Pacific Grove. Recently, to intimidate a resident who told the City Council about her strong concerns about City staff insubordination – the City Manager hired a … Continue reading
The daily Herald newspaper has gone so far off the deep end, abandoning their professional responsibility to Monterey Peninsula readers – that we need a whole new newspaper of record. A newspaper that explicitly refuses to hire such horrible anti-public … Continue reading
Reading a Herald headline today I’m not the only one who couldn’t help laughing — “Monterey County Supervisor Dave Potter named desal ‘watchdog.’” My my my – that is uhhh . . . “interesting.” Or to put it accurately “The … Continue reading
And I thought dancing was a benign activity. Not according to the Washington DC Park Police – who body slammed a dancer to the marble floor and grabbed his neck (I’m not kidding) for what ? — merely dancing silently … Continue reading
There are three alarming things observed at Fukoshima, that aren’t getting much US media attention: Blue Flashes, 13 separate Neutron emission detections and radioactive Chlorine.
This is Part 2 of a report on HOPE’s first meeting with the Gary Omernick, President of The Herald, Monterey’s local daily newspaper. A primary subject on our agenda is the Herald’s 7 year long complete news and editorial blackout … Continue reading
Did you ever wonder why newspaper stories are biased in favor of government and business — and against public interests ? Well, we got a rare insight in a Herald blog article by Joe Livernois. Livernois is the Herald’s “City … Continue reading
Part I: Was the Herald’s Letter-Editor Royal Calkins Caught Censoring & BlackListing, then Lying to Cover it up?
(c) Copyright 2009-2011 David Dilworth “I’ll never print anything from you.” – Royal Calkins After HOPE received an unusually high number of Herald political censorship complaints (on top of their complete lack of response to HOPE’s carefully written Better Water … Continue reading
Its hard to find any political issue the Carmel Pine Cone Publisher Paul Miller and I agree upon. His loathing for environmental protection, the laws protecting it, and his sucking up to Clint Eastwood and his Pebble Beach Company forest … Continue reading
Correcting Pesticide Definition and Exposing Hypocrisy in Letter to Carmel Pine Cone Editor Paul Miller
Here’s another letter Carmel Pine Cone Editor Paul Miller refused to print. That refusal solidly reinforces the closing line from his Editorial that this letter responds to “… when you’ve already made up your mind about what a story’s supposed … Continue reading